2011년 11월 27일 일요일

Imagining myself 40 years later…


(For this writing I tried the autobiography format)

Though 5 years passed, still I can clearly remember the shivering I had when I went up to the stage in front of every Korean and have my inaugural ceremony as the President of Korea. Thinking of that day, I feel little ashamed about my tears, but in some parts I’m proud of them. Some have criticized me for sharing tears in front of everyone because these could lead other countries to underestimate Korea, but would it be wrong to share some tears since citizens of Korea had given me such acceptance and recognition towards me? Thus I decided to not to be shameful about my tears since this could, in some extent, mean that I’m shameful to be accepted by Koreans.
     Recalling the past, there’s another moment that I couldn’t resist to think; the day that I ordered coup over my country. Some who hadn’t lived for recent 10 years may ask me “why did you order coup over your country since you are the president?” To those foreigners I’d say that the ability as the President of Korea was very limited to fix the corruptions that were spoiling the whole country. Whenever I tried to fix those, they were blocked by the Congress. It was not the problem only within the Congress, but also the problem related to all establishments. Thus, I felt necessity for a hero within this country’s politics, and if there were no one to dream of, I decided to be that ‘hero’ who could sacrifice all of his possessions to fix this corruption.
     Considering the past, it wasn’t possible for anyone to grow up in Korea to an influential person without having some corruptions such as illegal lobbying. So I decided to go abroad and strengthen the power with money. I went to America and there I established a company working on statistics. For most graphs and statistics, they lacked the reliability: they were dangerous to trust. This was because most of statistics on people were made up with only few people participating who could be argued about their representativeness about the whole group. Thus, I thought, “what if there is an online statistic website that allows people to have poll? This system will make more people to participate in the poll than offline and make the graph more reliable.” This idea penetrated people’s demand of 100% accurate statistic and I came up with a lot of money. With this money, I came to Korea and made my allies who would devote their lives to fix corruptions. The money was used to protect me and my allies from economical hardship that Korean establishments ordered. Successfully, citizens of Korea gradually came up to believe me and won in prudential election. I am very thankful of those people who believed my sincerity and voted for me. Seeing them face to face in the inaugural ceremony, my resolution became firm and promised myself I will kill myself if the day comes for me to betray those people.










* I really wanted to go further talking about what I will really do after becoming the president of Korea, but time doesn't let me to write more now........:( I will try to write those after the exam. Even though I know they will not be graded, I really want to write them!)

댓글 1개:

  1. A military coup? Like Guevara in the Cuban revolution? Korea has problems, but I don't think they are sever enough to warrant a coup. In North Korea, however, a coup is exactly what they need. But it is interesting the situation you write of, and corruption is a serious issue which actually would require physical force to eliminate. But corruption, one might argue, is a necessary evil that every society must accept to some degree. In most countries that experience a coup, one form of corruption merely replaces another. Cuba is a great example.

    Anyways, good interesting work.

    답글삭제